Large Cloud Conversion
Technology: Amazon AWS, Amazon EC2, Amazon SES, Amazon Route 53, Amazon Cloudwatch, OpenVPN
This client wanted to migrate 100% of their physically co-located servers to the cloud. The reasons for the migration were:
- Industry Standard Solution
- No more emergency visits to the data center
- Better availability to bring in additional outside experts in the future
- No need to purchase additional hardware
- True elimination of single points of failure
The project was completed over a 3-month period with about 4 weeks of billable time during that period. I migrated a combination of 45 physical and virtual servers from their previous multiple co-location centers and approximately 1 terabyte of MySQL data on multiple multi-master/slave chains. Note: automated transfers of virtual machines were not available due to the previous client infrastructure. All services needed to be re-built in Amazon’s AWS system from scratch.
End users never noticed any downtime or degradation of service.
<-- back to projects